OVERVIEW - Custom install ci1018 Power Outlet Kit:
With this kit you can power your audio and video equipment through a common surge protector and have a clean, low-profile installation. The power kit, power socket, plug and cable are all U.L. Listed. Wall plates are made of UL approved nylon.
SPECIFICATIONS - CUSTOM INSTALL CI1018 POWER OUTLET KIT:
(2) Single-gang junction boxes with faceplates
(1) Female outlet receptacle
(1) Male inlet receptacle
(1) 2ft power cord
NOTE: 3-conductor 12-2 or 14-2 electrical wire (often referred to as “ROMEX”) UL- approved wire (NOT INCLUDED IN THIS KIT) is required for installation. This wire can be purchased at most hardware/home supply stores.
Here's how it works
1) Iinstall a recessed AC Male Plug into a wall near an existing AC outlet.
2) Install a recessed AC Female Receptable higher or lower on the same wall where you want to supply AC power.
3) Run a piece of electric wire (commonly known as "Romex" cable) from the newly installed AC Male plug and the newly installed AC female receptacle connecting the two.
4) Plug a short pre-made AC extension cable into the existing outlet and connect to the newly installed Male Plug.
5) AC Power is now available on the newly installed AC outlet.